Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Movie Trailer: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug



I know a lot of people soured on the first Hobbit movie but I actually loved it. I loved the songs, I loved the Bilbo, I loved Radagast. Maybe it's because I'm a D&D* player and just love a good old fashioned adventure  that pits adventurers against dragons for profit, but yeah, it worked for me. So I'm pretty excited by this new trailer. There's more Radagast, more Bilbo (who I keep typing out as Biblo for some reason) and Legolas is back AND UNF, LEE PACE IS BEING ALL EYEBROWSY AND ELFISH.

My question, which I asked after watching the first one, is what happens in the final film? IMDB has film three's (There and Back Again) synopsis as: Bilbo, Gandalf and the Dwarves are in Smaug's lair, but will they get their gold and return home safely? So is it still just about the dragon (and the subsequent 5 armies war), and how does the Necromancer (Sauron Lite) fit into all of this?



*I just re-read the linked in post and I made the exact same claim. I'm circling around on myself, destruction is imminent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...