Thursday, April 17, 2014

Movie Trailers: Gone Girl (2014) & If I Stay (2014)



Gone Girl, the super-dooper popular book full of twists and turns (and not much else) was always going to be made into a film, but I was pretty surprised when I heard David Fincher was signing on to direct. I thought it was maybe a little too, I dunno, hot-for-now for anyone of real calibre to take on. But now that the first trailer is out (being released hella early considering it's a small film being released in October) and...yay? I don't know, I wasn't a huge fan of the book (here's my review for anyone interested) but I think it could possibly work quite well as a film. At the very least it won't be full of Gillian Flynn's ridiculous flowery writing, soooo bonus! I do love me some Ben Affleck when he's in the right role, so I'll probably see this one in the theatre.



If I Stay seems like your standard Nicholas Sparks/Jodi Piccoult heartstrings tugger but almost every blogger I know has rated it a 4 or 5 star book so I'm thinking maybe the trailer just misses the mark? Or maybe it is exactly what it seems but it's done really well? Help me out guys, does the film look like it'll be as good as the book? Anyway, Chloe Grace Moretz (when did she start adding Grace into her name?) is always a solid actress and I have a soft spot for musicians in movies so I'll probably go see this with my little sister or wait for it to hit netflix and hold out until I'm in the mood for a good cry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...