Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ninja Book Swap: Summer (ahem, winter) edition


I took part in another instalment of the Ninja book swap this year, and as usual it was really, really brilliant. I was spoiled with not one but two packages. I always love putting together the packages for people, choosing the books off their list (ones that either I know and love, or am desperate to read myself) and then finding the perfect little gifts to accompany the books. Notepads and pens and chocolates and tea. And, I'm not going to lie, I also quite like coming home to a package of books and gifts on my doorstep too!


Package number 1 came from Bernadette of The Bumbling Bookworm (@BumbleBookworm) who is also from Australia. She bought me shiny new copies of Tom Perrotta's The Leftovers and Emma Donoghue's Kissing the Witch. PLUS she got me a fancy cat notebook (How do you like meow?) and some dinosaur rubbers. I feel quite spoiled indeed.


Package 2 came all the way from merry ol' England from Louise of Yellow Highway Lines (@Thisandyou). She sent me Michel Faber's Under the Skin, some crayons (I can't even explain how excited I am to have frickin' crayons in my house again!), an owl notebook, MORE dinosaur rubbers (and a little rhino guy) and a bunch of fantastic postcards. They are the greatest.


I did a bit of a clean up of my wishlist before I submitted it for the bookswap, but I was hoping above all hopes that I would get The Leftovers and Under the Skin in my packages. So obviously Louise and Bernadette are mind-readers, beautiful, wonderful, amazing mind-readers. The Leftovers, TV edition, has just started, so I'm going to read the book before I watch the show. And Under the Skin, the movie starring Scarlett Johansson, is supposed to be supurb, so here's hoping it's merely following the lead of the book that gave it life.

So a huge thank you to Louise and Bernadette for being so generous with their packages, and a cheery hug and thank you to Hanna and Bex for being the brilliant organisers of the event. They'll be back for a Halloween swap, so if you want to take part head over to their twitter so you don't miss out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...